Situated in the Green Belt of Newgate Street Village, we have proposed a complete rebuild for this exciting home that references the old corrugated barn building it replaces.
What We Did
With a brief to use our imagination on this luxury residential new build, we have retained the agricultural feel via our choice of building materials.
We have designed a unique balcony on the first floor and positioned windows throughout to maximise the stunning views of the beautiful surrounding countryside.
The ground floor will provide living space at each end of large, bespoke glazed gables, There will also be a curtain walling feature to the entrance hall. Bedrooms will be positioned on the first floor.
Ponsbourne Park, Hertfordshire
420 square meters
Completed Feb 2018
- Green roofs
- Rheinzink: Protect Graphite Grey Zinc Standing Seam
- Timber cladding
- Zinc roof with standing seam to emulate the corrugate rhythm of the previous barn’s external skin
- Air source heat pumps to power heating system
- Internal curved, beautifully detailed timber soffits positioned on the first floor
- Feature staircase in double-storey entrance hall
- Two-storey-high guillotine stone wall that dramatically strikes through from the entrance hall to the outside