Situated in the Green Belt of Newgate Street Village, we have rebuilt this exciting home. The design of the new dwelling references the old corrugated barn building it replaces.
What We Did
With a brief to use our imagination on this luxury residential new build, we retained the agricultural feel via our choice of construction materials.
The design features a unique balcony on the first floor. Windows have been positioned throughout, to maximise the stunning views of the beautiful surrounding countryside.
The ground floor provides living space at each end of large, bespoke glazed gables. There is also a curtain walling feature to the entrance hall. Bedrooms are positioned on the first floor.
Ponsbourne Park, Hertfordshire
420 square meters
Completed Feb 2018
- Green roofs
- Rheinzink: Protect Graphite Grey Zinc Standing Seam
- Timber cladding
- Zinc roof with standing seam to emulate the corrugate rhythm of the previous barn’s external skin
- Air source heat pumps to power heating system
- Internal curved, beautifully detailed timber soffits positioned on the first floor
- Feature staircase in double-storey entrance hall
- 2-storey high guillotine stone wall that dramatically strikes through from the entrance hall to outside