Situated in the Green Belt of Newgate Street Village, we have proposed a complete re-build for this exciting residential home, which still references the old corrugate barn building it replaces.
What We Did
With a brief to “use our imagination” on this luxury residential new build, we have retained the agricultural ‘feel’ with the choice of build materials.
We have designed a unique balcony on the first floor and positioned windows throughout to maximise the stunning views of the beautiful surrounding countryside.
The ground floor will provide living space at each end of large, bespoke glazed gables and a ‘curtain walling’ feature to the entrance hall. Bedrooms will be positioned on the first floor.
Ponsbourne Park, Hertfordshire
420 square meters
Completed Feb 2018
- Green roofs
- Rheinzink: Protect Graphite Grey Zinc Standing Sea
- Timber cladding
- Zinc roof with standing seam to emulate the corrugate rhythm of the previous barns external skin
- Air source heat pumps for heating
- Internal curved, beautifully detailed timber ‘soffits’ positioned on the first floor
- Feature staircase in double storey entrance hall
- Two-storey-high guillotine stone wall that dramatically strikes through from the entrance hall to the outside