The magnificent architecture stands the test of time and will be an excellent example of successful modern design.
What We Propose
The ground floor is designed around a central viewing axis to ensure uninterrupted views from the principal entrance through to the rear garden. This central foyer comprises an open plan kitchen-living-dining area that’s carefully positioned to maximise the amount of natural daylight that floods the space.
Also sited on the ground floor is a luxury master suite with a separate bathroom and walk-in dressing room, which opens out onto a new raised terrace.
The first floor has two large double bedrooms with en-suites and private terraces that look over a large expanse of living/green roof and the garden beyond. A separate study and cinema room are positioned around a central atrium with a large roof light which provides dual aspect views of the front and rear gardens and floods this central area with natural light, creating a truly unique first floor landing area.
392 square metres
On Site April 2018
- Glazed corners with dramatic overhangs at ground and first floor levels create dynamic architectural features
- Large vertical window openings create a strong connection to the surrounding gardens, offering an excellent outlook from the interiors and helping to create bold and contemporary elevations
- Continuous timber ceilings and external soffits create an aesthetic flow and connection with the garden
- A sunken fire pit and integrated water features have been designed in conjunction with our associated landscape architect
- An overhanging upper terrace at the rear creates the illusion that the main house is floating
- The existing building will be over-clad with contemporary materials, including contrasting natural and stained timber slats, plus textured render